keddy by europcar za - bloemfontein airport car rental companies
keddy by europcar za depot information
Keddy by Europcar ZA Rental Terms for travel between 01-Jul-2015 and 31-Dec-2024
An initial, non-refundable deposit will be secured at the time of booking confirmation. Accepted credit cards are Visa and MasterCard (transaction fee of 1.95% applies).
The balance is to be paid directly to the supplier on arrival.
Please note an additional ZAR70.00 administration fee is charged by the supplier at time of pick up. The fee is compulsory and the supplier has chosen not to display in the pricing schedule.
1. Europcar reserves the right to offer more than one vehicle model within each vehicle category.
2. Europcar reserves the right to change the vehicle models within each vehicle category for another vehicle model with similar specifications without notice.
3. Europcar cannot guarantee a specific vehicle brand however will accommodate any requests based on availability.
1. Rates are based on 200 kms per day. Additional kms travelled will be billed to the renter’s credit card at the level indicated on the rate sheet per car group.
2. Daily rates are calculated in cycles of 24 hours, from time of pick up to time of drop off. The renter will be billed directly for additional rental days not covered by the voucher provided, at extension rates.
Should the rental exceed 31 days, an additional rental agreement will apply for each period of 31 days. Additional vouchers will be required accordingly.
1. Europcar shall rent the VEHICLE to the renter for the RENTAL PERIOD at the contracted daily rental rate together with the charges for ancillary products and or services. Where no additional charges are stated, the rates in the BROCHURE or such other agreement as the parties may have entered into, shall apply. The renter will pay all taxes and charges for miscellaneous services which apply hereto and for the filling of the fuel tank.
2. A refuelling charge may apply.
3. All payments are due on demand, but at latest on expiry of the RENTAL PERIOD. No payment shall be set-off or withheld in terms of this agreement for whatever cause.
DAMAGE AND LOSS WAIVERS
1. Damage and Loss Waivers are included in the product. Please refer to rate grids for details of exactly what is included and excluded for each product.
2. Waivers must not be regarded as insurance. When waivers are purchased (generally included in the rates) Europcar’s right to recover the total damage or loss amount is waived or partially waived.
3. It is essential that Europcar is advised of which option the client has purchased at the time of reservation. The Rate Code must be clearly stipulated on the voucher.
4. Waiver options are available for the reduction of liability in the event of loss, theft and/or damage to the vehicle excluding tyre and windscreen damage. The Renter will be responsible for the full replacement value of the vehicle, should theft/loss/damage be caused due to negligence, one driver accident with no extenuating circumstances, wrong and/or illegal actions or omissions or if waivers were declined.
5. In the event of damage caused due to negligence, one driver accident and/or illegal actions a replacement vehicle will not be supplied.
6. The Renter is responsible for double the limited liability amount applicable (subject to group of vehicle), where the vehicle has been written off.
NEGLIGENCE includes –
Driving in contravention of any law
Exceeding the legal road speed limit
Driving under the influence of Alcohol or other substances
Driving off the road or in conditions that are not suitable for driving, such as sand storms
Allowing a driver who is not the renter, or not nominated as an additional driver on the Rental Agreement, to drive the vehicle
A single vehicle accident, unless extenuating circumstances apply
THIRD PARTY INSURANCE/CLAIMS
Third Party Insurance is included in the product (refer attached schedule).
For purposes of this clause, third party claims refers to any claims by a third party in respect of damage or loss that you may cause to any other vehicle or property.
1. When an accident occurs and a third party is involved (regardless of fault) the following information is required. If this information is not accurate or detailed, all cover may be negated –
either a Passport or ID Card (SA & SADC residents)
contact telephone number (land line and mobile, where available)
e-mail address (if possible)
the location of the police station where the accident was reported, including the telephone number
Police Case Number
if insured, the name of the underwriter and the policy number (if possible)
full and accurate description of the accident with an explanatory sketch
copy of the renter’s driver’s license
If for any reason it is found the details provided are not truthful or fraudulent cover will be negated and the renter will be liable for all damages and associated costs.
2. Third Party costs may be billed up to three years after the incident and can take up to five years to recover.
3. If an excess is applicable this will be billed to the renter regardless of fault. This excess will only be refunded if Europcar’s claim against the third party is successfully recovered and payment has been received in our bank account.
ACCIDENT OR THEFT
In the event or accident or theft the renter must –
1. contact Europcar immediately
2. make a full report at the nearest Police Station within 24 hours where an accident has occurred and within 6 hours in case of theft. A Police Case Number must be obtained
3. The Renter is liable for any towing associated with accidents or damage caused by the Renter.
Renters are not permitted to replace or repair any vehicle parts unless authorised by Europcar in writing.
In the event of loss or damage Europcar reserves the right to bill the renter for such loss or damage regardless of whether or not the renter has signed the post inspection or claim form. It is the Renter’s responsibility to ensure that a claim form has been completed, signed and delivered to a Europcar representative.
As a courtesy to the next renter, ALL vehicles are refuelled on termination to ensure the tank is totally full. Fuel pricing in South Africa is regulated by the government, changed every month on the first Wednesday of the month. The calculation is done by the Central Energy Fund on behalf of the Department of Minerals and Energy. Car rental companies may not profit from fuel.
The VEHICLE shall be at the sole risk of the Renter for the RENTAL PERIOD.
1. The Renter shall not:
1.1 hire or lend the VEHICLE to anyone;
1.2 permit the VEHICLE to be in the possession or control of anyone other than the additional driver;
1.3 cause or permit the VEHICLE to be driven unlawfully or illegally or to be used for any unlawful purpose or for a purpose for which it was not designed or in such a way as to increase the risk of it being damaged or lost, or to be overloaded;
1.4 cause or permit the VEHICLE to carry any passenger or goods for reward or for racing; or
1.5 cause or permit the VEHICLE to be exposed to the risk of damage in or by any civil or public disturbance or unrest.
2. The Renter shall take all precautions to protect the VEHICLE from theft and damage and shall lock and immobilise the VEHICLE and activate the burglar alarm when the VEHICLE is not in use.
3. The renter must read and accept the terms and conditions of the Rental Agreement.
4. When receiving and returning the rental vehicle, the renter must agree with the vehicle condition as noted on the respective vehicle inspection record and sign acceptance. The onus is on the renter to sign off the Pre and Post Rental Inspection Record.
5. If for any reason the renter is not satisfied with the vehicle supplied, he/she must inform Europcar staff within the first 2 hours of receipt of the vehicle. Failure to do so may negate any claim for compensation.
6. It is recommended that the renter retain his copy of the Rental Agreement for reference on return of the vehicle. Failure to do so may result in unnecessary delays in the processing of any claim.
7. The renter will be required to supply the following –
Name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
Local contact details
Valid unendorsed driver’s licence
Passport or ID (SA and SADC Residents)
8. A valid voucher and a valid credit card (for additional charges) must be produced at point of rental. Accepted credit cards are Visa, Mastercard and Diners. An additional credit card may be requested at the discretion of the company. No Debit Cards, including Maestro and Electron are accepted.
9. If the renter wishes to extend the rental beyond the original return date as specified on the Rental Agreement, authorisation must be obtained from Europcar. Failure to do so will result in Europcar reporting the car stolen and immediately negates cover. Penalties may be incurred.
10. Should a vehicle be returned with excessive dirt, it will be valeted, the valet charge will be billed directly to the renter’s credit card.
11. Should the renter disobey a traffic regulation which results in a fine such amount will be debited to the client’s credit card. A handling fee will be levied. Traffic fines can take up to three years to receive and charge.
1. Hold a valid unendorsed driver’s licence. Exceptions will be made for certain endorsements related to speeding Whilst driving the renter is required to have a valid unendorsed driver’s licence in their possession at all times.
2. Minimum age is 23 years, there is no maximum age.
3. Driver’s under the age of 23 years are permitted, provided they have been in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s licence for a minimum of 2 years. A Young Driver Daily Surcharge will apply. South African residents must be a minimum of 23 years of age.
1. All notices in terms hereof shall be given to you at the address set out on the face hereof. Any notice posted to you shall be deemed to be received 7 days after posting, unless you prove the contrary.
2. You consent to the Magistrate's Court jurisdiction in respect of any action instituted by us in connection with this agreement and agree that we may in our discretion institute action in any High Court division in South Africa having jurisdiction, to which jurisdiction you consent.
3. This is the entire agreement and no variation or cancellation shall be valid unless in writing and signed by you and we save as provided in the brochure.
4. A provision of this agreement which is invalid or unenforceable for any reason shall be severable from the rest of this agreement and shall not affect the validity thereof.
Document Administration Fee (compulsory fee) 70
Claim Administration Fee (Claim under 1 000) 726
Claim Administration Fee (Claim over 1 000) 726
Assessors fee in the event the damage is greater than R5 000 605
Traffic Fine Administration Fee 230
VEHICLE DELIVERY AND COLLECTION
Business Hours` 363
After Hours (Weekdays 17:00 - 08:00, Weekends, Public Holidays) 605
Additional Kms (outside radius of 25 kms) - Namibia, Botswana, Swaziland and Lesotho 13
ONE WAY FEES
One way between OR Tambo International and Sandton 146
One way between OR Tambo International and Lanseria Airport 146
One way between George, Plettenberg Bay and or Knysna 242
One way within SA (levied for rental terminating in excess of 150 km from the originating rental branch) 963
OPTIONAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
Additional Driver (per driver, per rental) 303
Young Driver Surcharge (per driver, per day) 242
Child Safety Seat (per rental, per seat) 363
GPS Navigation Unit (per day) 96
Prices are in SOUTH AFRICAN RAND (ZAR), include VAT and are subject to change without notice.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE
Terms of booking on this website
The rates on this website are often heavily discounted. This is due to our negotiated rates and bulk buying power. On very rare occasions, a rate may be displayed incorrectly due to our, or a vehicle supplier's error. In such a case, if you book with us at a quoted rate that is incorrect, we will notify you of any price change and give you the option to proceed or cancel. We make every effort to keep information on our site up to date, but we cannot guarantee this website is free of errors or omissions and retain the right to update or change the information published at any time.
To the extent permitted by law we/the owners of this website will not be liable to you or to any third party (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage (including but not limited to any accident, injury, delay or loss of enjoyment) arising out of your reliance upon information contained on this website, including but not limited to your use (or inability to use) any products or services described or procured through this website.
When you pick up your vehicle, you will be required to sign a rental agreement with the supplier of the vehicle. Your rental and use of the vehicle will be governed by the terms of the rental agreement and any other documentation or information provided to you by the supplier at the time you pick up your vehicle. The rental agreement is between you and the supplier and we will not be liable to you or to any third party in relation to the terms of the supplier's rental agreement or any other documentation provided to you by the supplier at the time of pick up.
While we will make reasonable efforts to ensure we are representing only reputable suppliers, we make no warranty about the fitness or suitability of any third party (supplier) product or service and will not accept responsibility for the quality or fitness of any vehicle. We welcome feedback from our customers on their experience with our suppliers. We may, at our discretion, provide you with reasonable assistance in resolving any dispute you may have with a supplier.
Our total liability to you in relation to your use of this website and the information contained on this website will not exceed the dollar amount of the deposit we have received from you in relation to your booking/rental. Refunds will not be made for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather. Again, we strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance. Your use of this website is governed by the laws of New Zealand and the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.
To make a booking you must complete our booking form which is easy to follow and secured with the latest encryption technology. Once we receive your form, we will, subject to availability, confirm your booking by emailing you a confirmation voucher and invoice.
If you are booking via phone, please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the vehicle you wish to rent first. Our reservations consultant will ask you if you have read the terms and agree to them before proceeding. The onus is always on the renter to ensure they make themselves fully aware of the terms displayed on our website.
In booking on this website you acknowledge that we disclose your information to your selected Supplier in order to provide the requested rental services.
Vehicle capacity and fitness to drive
Under no circumstances are you permitted to carry more passengers than the vehicle you rent is legally registered to carry, and if you do your insurance may be invalidated. The number of seatbelts (and passengers) is indicated next to each vehicle on this website. Luggage capacity where shown is an indication only and we will not be responsible should you be unable to fit your entire luggage into a vehicle. It is your responsibility to choose a journey that is within your capabilities. A vehicle supplier can refuse to rent a vehicle to any person who is in their opinion unfit to drive or does not meet eligibility requirements. In such circumstances we will have no further liability to you.
In the event of cancellation, any deposit amounts paid at the time of booking are non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our service, please contact us within 48 hours of placing your booking or request and we will work to resolve any issues and determine if compensation is due. In the event you have completed your rental and are unhappy with your vehicle, we are happy to assist you in seeking compensation from the operator of the vehicle.
This website is owned and operated by Online Republic Group Limited. Our financial centre and marketing office is based at Level 5, 12 Madden Street, Wynyard Quarter, Auckland, New Zealand. In Australia, we are based at 2/509 St Kilda Rd, Melbourne VIC 3004. Thank you for booking with us.